Wednesday, February 22, 2006

"No matter what I say, no matter what I write here, I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare"

Only one thing to discuss today.

We went to Wal-Mart to pick up shoes for my little sister.

In the parking lot there was a man holding up a sign. I felt a tug on my heartstrings. I always do. I think of homeless people and it's almost as if they exude an aura that reaches out to me. That makes me want to give up everything I have.

People tell me that it's worthless to think that way. Homeless people deserve it. They'd just use the money for drugs or alcohol. A few bucks isn't going to dig them out of the hole.

But I never see that. I see someone standing. Someone who can't get a job because he has no home. Can't get a home because he has no job. Maybe with a family on the side that he's trying to feed.

On the way out I see him again, and I can feel my body physically tense as I wait for the car to go past him.

My mom stops the car. She digs out all the cash she has, about ten dollars in ones. She tells me to roll down the window and hand it to him. He thanks us and I just nod silently.

I love my mom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Ya done good today lass.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home