Saturday, March 18, 2006

"so this is who you really are, to think I trusted you, and now your words mean nothing to me, 'cause your actions speak the truth"

Sorry for any typos, I'm having an extremely tough time writing.

She's searching for someone
To save her from this place,
To rescue (rescue) her
from what she can't escape

So, today was another Quiz Bowl tournament. We did pretty well, 8th. My team, Harrison 4, beat out Harrison 2. All in all it was a pretty good day.

There's not much hope left
She's thrown it all away
Been knocked down so much she can't get up
She cries out in pain,

Except for the ride home.

Take me (take me away) away (Further away)
Outside of this
I'm looking (falling apart) for what's... (Looking for what's...)

I always feel left out. It's normal. Something I've accepted. But never something I expect. I guess I should.

Her make up smeared around
As tears run down her face

We played a game called the Island. You're given three people: one to ship, one to talk to but not touch, and one to do but not talk to.

Not too bad so far.

The mask she (the mask she) had is
soon to be erased

First round I was given Pfaff, Jake and Kurt. Pfaff was gone, obviously.

I don't really know Jake and Kurt. But I knew Kurt better, so I said I'd talk to him and do Jake. Which of course Defong whispers to Jake. Even though it was a game. That kind of made me angry. None of them were playing and knew the circumstances. But I brushed it off.

She's broken and let down
with nowhere left to turn
Asking herself, "What's worth living for?"
She cries out again

Second round I had an annoying freshman named Dan, Zach and Pfaff. I shipped Dan, talked to Zach and reluctantly did Pfaff.

Take me (take me away) away (Further away)
Outside of this
I'm looking (falling apart) for what's (Looking for what's)
Outside of this
Outside of this

Third round it finally came around to me. This was the be nice round. I'm supposed to plug my ears, which I did, but I was able to hear anyway. I hear mentions of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. Then Ariel goes off talking with Anna. I hear Mrs. Schneider say we're about twenty minutes away.

The candle is burning out
The light flickers away
The candle is burning out
The light flickers away
The candle is burning out
The light flickers away

I wait for someone to tell me to unplug my ears.

And wait.

Finally, Katie does. Not one of the other people that I know even better. Not one of the people sitting next to me. It takes five minutes for them to notice that I'm still sitting there.

You reach out your hand
To save her from this place
You reach out your hand...
To save her from this place

I brushed that off quickly. Not as if anyone noticed. Only Katie informed me that the game was over. I nodded and headed back to my normal seat.

And escaped. Into my music. Suicidal music at a bad time.

Take me (take me away) away (Further away)
Outside of this
I'm looking (falling apart) for what's (Looking for what's)
Outside of this

And I sat there. Staring into nothing.

Realizing that I was fighting back tears.

And no one noticed.

At all.

Take me away (Take me away)
Further away (Further away)
Outside of this
I'm falling apart (Falling apart)
Looking for what's... (Looking for what's)
Outside of this
Outside of this
Outside of this
Take me away
Further away
Outside of this

On the way home I sung my heart out to Fall Out Boy.

I went straight to my bedroom and broke out my guitar.

Playing Ironman over

and over.

Till my fingers throbbed from pressing the frets so hard.

I'm falling apart. Looking for what's

Outside of this...

I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't say anything on this one. I'd rather just forget today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home