Sunday, April 16, 2006

"Our memories blanket us with friends we know like fallout vapor. Steel corpses stretch out towards and ending sun, scorched and black."

I went with my brother for a drive today.

Out in the pouring rain.

But this is our "bonding time" I suppose. We drive down the road. He asks me if I like different songs. I comment on the overplayed ones and the fact that I will never listen to a guy who sings in falsetto that frickin' high.

Scary.

Honestly, hanging out with Charlie is awesome. He used to be mean to me as a kid, but he's grown up. At least that's what my mom says. I say it's because my little sister was born. Then Charlie realized I wasn't so bad.

We shop in silence at Wal-Mart. He gives a few small tips on random items. I nod my head. We turn the corner and I almost bump into a lady. She says excuse me. Then speeds past. I'm left nodding to empty air.

My pocket jingles with the pound of pennies my brother gave me for some odd, unknown reason. I ignore the looks from people as my brother and I go past. I know they're thinking we're a couple. Yuck! If only my brother looked older. Or I looked younger.

Electronics section. Sweet. My brother goes straight for Xbox 360 games. I hover around Playstation 2. Once I have perused all that is there, I join him.

Now, I shall give all you random people, who probably don't care, an insight to what I think about guys. A moment I chose to focus totally on guys so that you could have this insight.

I see a cute guy standing by the cheap Xbox games. Cool hair, nice eyes.

My brother is now rattling off to some guy about Oblivion. Scary that I understand them.

Now, if I were to flirt, I would casually walk over to the same area, pick up a game and look at it.

But I stay with my brother. A girl walks over by the cute guy. Damn. Girlfriend. Not that I was going to do anything anyway. These are just observations.

So I scout out another guy. By now, it's more of an experiment, for this blog in fact. Found one. Cute guy #2 has awesome hair but isn't quite as cute. He's staring at the movies.

I get distracted. My brother is now talking about the differences between LCD and plasma. This interests me. I know something about it, but don't interject.

In this moment, #2 disappears. Oh well. I glance over back to the cheap Xbox games. Cute guy #1 is now standing alone, still flipping through games. Ahhh, not girlfriend, just mutual shopping interests. He walks over to the registers were my brother and the two Electronics guy are talking. He doesn't interrupt, but I sense he's trying to buy something. I look again and he's looking at me. Once again, I notice his eyes. They are a very strange shade of blue. Then, I notice they are staring a little farther below my eyes.

Hence, why I never flirt.

We walk out of Wal-Mart, having spent around one hundred bucks. Half that on a game.

My pocket still jingles with pennies. I try to give them back to my brother, but he won't take him. I hate pennies. Apparently he does too.

I drop them off in my sister's hands when I get home.

I don't know the signifigance of the pennies. They just perplex me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home