Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"Black is the kiss, the touch of the serpent son. It ain't the mark or the scar that makes you one."

It is past midnight.

This simple fact drives me to post for some reason. I don't believe I've made a post this late at night and it thrills me to think that I may somehow reveal some difference in my thoughts. Coherent or not.

Quiz Bowl practice today frustrated me. If I knew the answer, I didn't buzz. The one that irritated me the most was the Norman Mailer question. Let me put this simply: I am a horrible guesser. I knew nothing about the question, so I formed a guess in my mind. I picked Norman Mailer. I saw him on television early this, err, last morning. I found his political views quite entertaining, especially when they were discussed with his son.

Anyway, so he was my random person pick. But, seeing as I'm a bad guesser, I didn't buzz. Needless to say, my bad luck at life continues. A one in a million chance and for the first time I decide not to blurt out my stupid guess. Which at this question, happens to be right. Now if it were at least an educated guess I wouldn't have cared as much. But it wasn't. I was going to throw out a name.
And if I wasn't such an idiot, I might have actually gotten a question right other than the questions I sniped off the other team.

And on Wednesday it will happen again. And I will probably captain a side. Again. And I will suck at captaining. Again. Because Mrs. Schneider seems to have this fascination with making me captain the non-starter people. Which terrifies me. I can't even properly play in an actual match. I get too nervous. I know the answers when I'm sitting down, but as soon as I get a buzzer in my hand I start to shake and my mind erases any knowledge from my mind.

In other news, all I have eaten in the past two days is stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut. I feel oh so healthy. Actually, it's quite good. I'll probably have some more for breakfast/lunch today.

I think I've written enough and you all should probably just try to ignore my insane night ramblings. I think I shall go back into my dark world of the internet now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home