Monday, May 15, 2006

"These eyes have had too much to drink again tonight. Black skies, we'll douse ourselves in high explosive light."

Ok, so Saturday was the QuizBowl meet. I actually had fun. I talked to Ryo most of the time, let a few things slip that I shouldn't have, and in general was in a happy mood.

Where has the year gone? Finals start this week. School ends next. Friends disappear into different classes. New ones appear in odd places. Change.

Change. Such emotion conveyed in such a small word. Change scares me because it's not always for the best.

If I truly think about it, I'm scared of way too many things. Not the material ones, the more abstract fears.

Summer school will speed the way through to my junior year. High school is too short. I'm not prepared for college yet.

There was an interesting discussion on destiny the other day in English. Most people agree that we have a predestined path, it's just the choices we make that are different. Still, if the end is predetermined, then that means that the small things that make the end must be also.

Strange.

Ok, wow. So I typed this up so far on SUnday, but my brother came over and we played poker, so I saved it as a draft. Now, it's Monday. I'm back from the QuizBowl party. That was fun. I enjoyed it.

Strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home