Tuesday, June 13, 2006

"Love me faster than the devil. Run me straight into the ground. Drowning deep inside your water. Drown in love and memories."

I'm watching kids currently, so I have no idea how long this post will be. I really need to get more sleep. I fell asleep in class today. I felt so bad.

My truck is running. Yay! Well, it was running before, it just was without brake lights and turning signals. But that's fixed.

I'm getting too pale. That bothers me. I actually recieved a tan line on my arm after walking a little while in the sun today. Truthfully though, my arms are pale by my standards. I wonder if I could actually get a sunburn now.

I buy my tickets for Warped Tour tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun. Can't wait.

I'm saving up for a Greeley Estates t-shirt. Everything else is pretty much going towards water. Lots of water. Last year we probably spent half our money on water. Considering we had a combined total of around $150, that's a lot.

My mom was stung by a bee on the trail today. Right where her shirt meets her pants. Serves her right. She pushed me off the trail earlier. Karma. Got to love it.

Actually, karma is an interesting thing. I don't really know what to think about it, or fate, or destiny for that matter. I would like to think that I have some control over my life and I'm not stuck to one path. However, this conversation tends to make me ramble until my head is spinning from confusion, so I shall stop here.

Typing is no fun when you have a deadline. I have five minutes to finish posting, before I hand the computer over to a Clifford-playing kid.

Speaking of that certain kid, Kirsten has a fascination for picking dandelions. So, she picked one and made a wish. Her wish was to be just like me.

I think I froze in shock for a moment. The idea that anyone would want to be anything like me is psychotic. I think to my life and I can only think that I wouldn't want to go through it again, and I don't see how anyone could actually want to live it.

But she's just a little kid. To her I'm the nice aunt who plays games. Who teases but rarely punishes. Compared to her other aunt, I must be a savior. Her other aunt spanks her and yells at her. I can't ever imagine doing that to any of my nieces, no matter how frustrating. Except maybe the yelling, but I usually finish off with a joke to let them know I'm more disappointed than angry.

Kirsten is a strange kid. She spent most of the walk by me, holding my hand. At one point she came running up to me and slipped her hand in mine. She looked up at me with this adorable expression and said:

"I think you have a boyfriend."

I stumbled over my feet. Lovely. The kid thinks I have a boyfriend. I told her I didn't, but she just looked at me with a mischievious smirk.

Sometimes I think I can perceive everything going on in a kid's mind. At other times, I'm left at a loss for words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home