Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"Whatever it takes, I'll make your darkest days so bright, and if I should fall, I know you're waiting, and if I should call, I know you're there."

I'm back. Hello. I don't have much time to post today, but I will get as much as possible.

On Thursday I left West Lafayette for Washington, PA. Not Washington, D.C. We were spending the night at a hotel in Washington, Pennsylvania first.

The first time since I was eight that I've been in a hotel. I explored, pressed buttons, marveled at the shower and free newspaper. Fun, fun, fun.

Then we headed off to Arlington, where the Nationals were technically taking place. We played two games, losing one by five and winning the other one.

I am horrible at badmitton. Or at least with the small rackets Mike had. I've always played everything with tennis rackets. So, as soon as I get a little bit used to it, I'm doing ok and actually hitting things. Then Zach really pissed me off. I had evil plans to kill him. Unfortunately, saving them for the ride home was a bad idea as they later got derailed.

We lost all of our games from there on. I did actually answer a question on which two vice presidents had shot someone. I wouldn't have gotten it if the other guy had not gotten it wrong. He said Aaron Burr and Gerald Ford. Gerald Ford shot himself...in the foot. Anyway, I buzzed and answered Aaron Burr, the one I didn't know, and Dick Cheney. Insert laughter here.

The next day, whatever day it was, I woke with a bang. My phone was acting as an alarm clock with an incredibly loud and annoying song. Gero didn't wake up to turn it off. So I had to hurry out of the top bunk and turn it off. While only mildly awake. We watched a varsity game and went swimming.

In the middle of all this somewhere, we explored Washington, D.C. I must here inform you all that I am a huge idiot, no matter what Ryo says.

I wore flip-flops for the first time in years. The kind that go between your toe. This also happened to be the day that contained the most walking. By the time we arrived at the spot for the shuttle to pick us up, I had blisters.

The shuttle was on lunch. I proceeded to walk two miles through Washington, D.C. barefoot. I have blisters on the bottom of my feet.

My first day at the dorm room things we were staying at, I was smart and decided to take my shower at night. And forgot my towel. Now, I had a change of clothes with me, so I wasn't streaking to the room or anything, but I didn't want to get my clothes wet. So I kept thinking I was really screwed. Then I heard my savior singing. Rachel got me a towel. Go me.

I also did not wear my sweater up to the top of Hotel Washington. We sat there, high up, in open air. It was a nice view, you could see the White House. Unfortunately, I was wearing a shirt that does not protect at all against the wind. Fuhe was the first to offer his overshirt, and to call me pitiful. Then Ryo offered his, and Ryo offered Andrew's. Though I didn't take any of them.

Everyone decided to pick on me at this trip. My allergies will be the death of me. I sneezed often, and was made fun of it all the time. People found out I was ticklish and decided it was fun to make me blush. Mainly by sticking their arms around me in the middle of a resturant.

I was depressed one day for a reason I can't figure out. I just seemed kind of low. It might have been the constant rush of people.

I hit my head on a chair. Hard. By looking up at the ceiling. Like I said, stupid.

When I get my pictures developed I'll stick some up.

I'm terrified of escalators. One tried to eat my shoe. They scare me.

This trip confused me extremely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home