Tuesday, July 04, 2006

"Could it be that I am not alright? Could it be I have some screws loose in my mind?"

Hmm. Weekend. It was eventful.

On Saturday I almost pulled my shoulder out of its socket. Or at least that's what it felt like for a while.

See, we took my dog for a walk. Which actually meant we were trying to get her soaked down in this creek so that she wouldn't smell. Not that it means anything. I'm still going to have to give her a bath.

Anyways, the water was down. Way down. So guess who gets to walk in the water with the dog and splash water on her? Getting her sneakers (not my Vans or new shoes, thank God) and pants completely soaked in the process? Obviously not the mother wearing flip-flops and easy to roll up pants.

But as resigned as I was to my fate, I ended up dragging my mother in the water also. After accidentally splashing her with loads of water. I totally was aiming for the dog, I swear.

We were climbing out on the other side of the creek later. Basically up a steep ledge. In my favor, the dog practically pulled me up. Not much work on my part. Still, when I got up I turned around to make sure my mom would make it.

As I did, a squirrel popped out behind me. At that point I was lifting the lead over my head to let the dog switch sides. Then I was yanked to the ground. I immediately let go of the lead.

The first pain I felt was my shoulder. It hurt for the rest of the day if you used it at certain angles. Three of which, I discovered, are necessary for changing out of wet pants.

The second pain I felt was my ass. I still have a bruise there. Not fun.

Not to mention, my pants were covered in mud, so I got to go back into the creek and soak my pants even more. Then climb back up the ledge, this time without the dog.

Well, that was fun.

My niece and nephew are back. Mya has picked up a nickname for me. Tiffy.

Grr............................................

I'll fix that though. Sometime soon.

She also took a nap and woke up crying. All she wanted was her "mommy." Until I brilliantly discovered a way to get her to stop crying. I also brilliantly got to spend the next four hours playing Dora the Explorer games because of my brilliant idea.

Then, Mya would not go to sleep. According to my mom, she is used to sleeping with another body in the bed. Guess who got volunteered for this job?

I gave the kid half the bed. Half. She then pushed herself till I had a quarter. Then, both cats decided that they wanted to share my quarter. Effectively leaving me curled up into a tiny ball. Trying to get to sleep.

That wasn't going to work. After a while I scooted Mya over and lay down so that she couldn't take up much room. And the cats just disappeared. Apparently I was moving my feet a little too much. I mean, it's not like I planned that or anything.

In the middle of the night: me still not asleep. This actually more somewhere towards the end of the night, cause I went to bed around midnight. Anyways, all of sudden I hear screaming from which I manage to discern words.

"Apple juice!" "Apple juice!"

My thoughts: Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Apple juice. Oh, shit.

After tripping over the bike magically left by nephew, I managed to grab her apple juice and shove in her mouth. At which point she flopped back on the bed and fell asleep instantly. A couple of seconds later, I experimentally pulled the sippy cup thing out. No screaming. Success.

I eventually got to sleep. My mom later claimed that when Mya woke up in the morning I was talking in my sleep when I told her everything. Totally not possible, because I remember the whole ordeal. I was having a wonderful dream, the events of which shall not be disclosed here, and it was interrupted. Of course, even though I was asleep less than a minute later, the dream world was gone.

I hate kids. Not really. I can't say that without feeling guilty, because I love kids.

Not so much to have four like my mom. I just want two. Maybe three.

School is back tomorrow. Yuck.

Oh yeah. Everything else has been completely uneventful.

I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home